jimgreen

Well Known Member
Can't find anything in the archives about drilling the inboard bolt holes through HS-614 into top of the F710 bulkhead assembly.
The outboard bolts are no problem because HS610 is cut away at a 45 deg angle giving a straight shot.
I have an angle drill attachment but it is not compact enough, and my drill motor won't fit in the hollow between the spar and the F709.
Any way to do it without buying an angle drill?

Predrill the inboard hole on the HS spar to a number 30. Use the flexability of a 12" #30 drill bit through the predrilled hole to "mark" the inboard hole on the aft deck. Remove the horizontal stab. and drill all holes to there final size(#12). Not fancy but it worked for me.

It might be easier...

Predrill the inboard hole on the HS spar to a number 30. Use the flexability of a 12" #30 drill bit through the predrilled hole to "mark" the inboard hole on the aft deck. Remove the horizontal stab. and drill all holes to there final size(#12). Not fancy but it worked for me.

...if you do it this way, but with a 12 inch #40 drill - it's much easier to flex...:)