Nova RV

Well Known Member
There is a thread in the RV-12 area about how the rear window threaded holes should be drilled out #27 before final installation and that this also applies to the RV-14. I checked directly with Vans and yes on P38-03 step 8 ALL holes in the rear window get final drilled to #27 including those that were tapped during the preliminary attachment to the roll bar. I know this was not clearly understood by myself and a couple of other builders that I keep in touch with.

Thanks Chris I've been procrastinating about this myself. I have been struggling with a decision on whether to do as instructed or attach with sika along the roll bar. I'll probably do the latter but haven't finally decided.

Salto:

If you need any encouragement to undertake Sikaflex, here is a shot of the finished product. The ?targa? stripe is a really nice look IMHO (although I suppose it could be achieved with a screw installation as well).
23l184x.jpg

Looks good Keith, did you sika the side rails also? Can't quite tell from the photo.

Salto - yes, Sikaflex all the way around without a single hole drilled in the canopy. (I have a detailed protocol and many pics, though not a full blog, if you would like some experience. I got all my planning from two online blogs - an RV-7 and an RV-9). I feel this is one of the best upgrades I did on the plans, though certainly the most challenging).