LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
In the avionics kit, chapter 42 Page 8 Figure 1 has you enlarging a hole to 5/16 of an inch. This really should have been an instruction way earlier in the instructions because it is very difficult to get anything in there to drill a straight hole. Observe:

PXL_20220514_223545369.jpg

You have approximately four and a half inches of room to work or roughly the width of two wing spars.

It seems like a right angle drill would be the idea here but I don't have one that will fit in there and I'm wondering if anybody else has reached this point and has a solution and if so and it requires a particular tool which one are you using?

This might be an artifact of fuselage kits from before the avionics kit was available.

Last edited:
In my plans, which were earlier than yours (6/11/18, revision. 0), the hole was 3/16” and it used an SB187-2 bushing. It was tight running the wires, but they did fit. So, assuming it’s still the 3/16” hole you’re being asked to drill out, and you can’t get a bit in there, you might just try installing an SB187-2 and seeing if the wires fit ok.

Have you tried a right angle drill attachment? The aviation ones are pretty small with threaded bits so no chuck.