alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Not finding much instruction for installing the manual trim... Do I drill the fuel valve/trim plate to allow the cable to go through tail end first or does the knob come off allowing you to insert only the knob end from the bottom side of the plate? If the former, I'm assumng that hole in the plate will have to be pretty big--1/2" or bigger--to allow the black threaded portion of the cable (see photo) to go through?

Thanks for any help and Happy Thanksgiving.

Just went thru this myself about a month ago, the knob end comes off very nicely. Just unscrew the metal fitting from the plastic fitting and you will find the end of the cable can be unhooked.

Oh, yes the final mounting hole will be along the lines on 1/2 inch to mount the plastic housing.

Don't forget to pry off the top cap and remove the inner shaft to disable the quick release function of the control for safety purposes.

Thanks guys. I did take the plunger shaft out right away but I had never screwed the trim knob in far enough to realize that it could be disconnected from the cable. Piece of cake. Drilled out the cover plate to 3/4" and everything's all hooked up and the cover box clecoed around the cable. Looks great! My garage flying is getting more and more realistic everyday! Thanks again.

Lowes (not HD) has the 1" dia black plastic cap to cover the plunger hole. Be sure to dig out all traces of the old rubber cap. Pick up any 7/16" hole covers for the inst panel switch holes while you're there.
Steve

Steve said:
Lowes (not HD) has the 1" dia black plastic cap to cover the plunger hole. Be sure to dig out all traces of the old rubber cap. Pick up any 7/16" hole covers for the inst panel switch holes while you're there.
Steve
They also have chrome. Just got it tonight. Looks great!

Trim Cap

my.php
[/URL][/IMG] No need to purchase a trim cap. Your favorite adult beverage bottle cap works fine!