Staunch111

Well Known Member
Would someone be kind enough to post the exact weight of the frame only. Is it 50 or 55 lbs. Im trying to bring one back with me on a flight and will be charged excess baggage if my bag weight is over 23kgs. Hence, 50 lbs is ideal but 55lbs is costing an extra $100. Cheers!

DRDT-2 weight

I just weighed the DRDT-2 without the Front End Kit (frame only) packaged ready to ship. It weighs 52.9 lbs. This was performed on a digital bathroom scale that is very repeatable and accurate. Airline scales vary a bit and could indicate a bit more or less. A completed DRDT-2 packaged ready to ship weighs 57.9 lbs.

I don't think you will be under the 50 lb goal you were hoping for.

I just weighed the DRDT-2 without the Front End Kit (frame only) packaged ready to ship. It weighs 52.9 lbs. This was performed on a digital bathroom scale that is very repeatable and accurate. Airline scales vary a bit and could indicate a bit more or less. A completed DRDT-2 packaged ready to ship weighs 57.9 lbs.

I don't think you will be under the 50 lb goal you were hoping for.

Hmm,what if I strip the packaging - could it come down to 50.6 lbs.Perhaps if the packaging is a big cardboard box but then...maybe I'm reaching :(

Lightening holes...now there's an idea :)

Hmm,what if I strip the packaging - could it come down to 50.6 lbs.Perhaps if the packaging is a big cardboard box but then...maybe I'm reaching :(

Lightening holes...now there's an idea :)

You could probably remove the head unit and throw it in another bag. Don't know if it would get you there, but closer anyways.

Ooops, just read you were asking for frame only. Sorry.

Last edited:
Oh well, looks like I'm stuck having the frame couriered with the rest of my kit. I was really hoping to be able to play with the DRDT2 and my HRPS system prior to the arrival of the kit.. but it just won't be.

Can't wait to finally start building, knowing that I now have every conceivable tool needed for my build.. and won't need to outlay anymore $$ until my engine and avionics are ordered :)

"I now have every conceivable tool needed for my build.. and won't need to outlay anymore $$"
Someone pinch, slap, or whatever is required to wake this man.
He is obviously asleep and dreaming, or delirious.
(someone had to say it) ;)
Paul