Next week is a great time of the year because the B-17, B-24, and B-25 will be based at the Frontiers of flight museum at Love Field (a few miles west of my house) and every hour they fly over to the east with a load of passengers and then return about 15 minutes later.

My 2-year-old sure can hear them coming and they fly low and slow passing overhead giving plenty of time to point and shout Airplane, Airplane!

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/3/prweb509912.htm

ClayR_9A said:
Next week is a great time of the year because the B-17, B-24, and B-25 will be based at the Frontiers of flight museum at Love Field (a few miles west of my house) and every hour they fly over to the east with a load of passengers and then return about 15 minutes later.
I've always wanted to fly in a B-24 ... I had family who helped build them and my father used to read me stories from "Log of the Liberators" when I was growing up.

I would suggest a fly-in to go check out the aircraft, but not to Love....

History

I visited the museum outside or Detroit at Willow run where they made Gobs of them. Cool History. EAA chapter had a WWII pilot talk about his adventures in them. Typical, humble hero, God Bless all of them. Loosing them fast.

gmcjetpilot said:
I visited the museum outside or Detroit at Willow run where they made Gobs of them. Cool History. EAA chapter had a WWII pilot talk about his adventures in them. Typical, humble hero, God Bless all of them. Loosing them fast.

I believe this is THE briefest post Geo. has ever shared. I agree - the Greatest generation includes my dad, a marine who served.

:D

John

edited for that pesky spellin' thang