Funy, Ptr. <g>

None that I know of yet for these apps. However, what *I* do is write in a word processor (MS Word) and copy/paste when I'm done. Catches most of my typos.

B,
D

PS: I'll look again for a spell checking plug-in type app.

I use the google toolbar in IE. It contains a button that will spell check any form field on any page. Very cool and super helpful, especially for this forum. I also use it to spell check the entry form on my build log (Wordpress).

Good old WORD

Thanks Doug.
I have been doing the same, just looking for a short cut.
Pete.

man you guys are all worried about spelling how antiquated is that most of my college students think that capitalization and punctuation is unneeded in fact they think it overrated you should see the emails and papers i get from them i would be happy to see the misspelled words if i could understand the rest of the words and know where one sentence ended and where the next one began besides you dont need no spell checker just sound it out
happy building week :D

alpinelakespilot2000 said:
man you guys are all worried about spelling how antiquated is that most of my college students think that capitalization and punctuation is unneeded in fact they think it overrated you should see the emails and papers i get from them i would be happy to see the misspelled words if i could understand the rest of the words and know where one sentence ended and where the next one began besides you dont need no spell checker just sound it out
happy building week :D

:eek: Man, that is scary!

I run the Google toolbar so guess I should check out the spell checker there. Heaven knows I could use it!

Old school for me, thank you very much!

...man, those young people are getting laaazzzyy!!! I think it must come from all that text messaging they do...

Jeff
-8 wings

fodrv7 said:
And they don't know how to clean shoes or tie laces.
Pete.
Pete I think right after they taught us how to tie our shoes, they knew there was no way we would ever learn to spell. So, they skipped spelling during my growing up. But boy did we get to learn all the state capitols. The only time that comes in handy is during a game show. :D Clean shoes? Use the washing machine. Right? ;)

Cool, I just used the ispell checker for the first time, and there is hope that my gibberish might actually be intelligible to people in the future! A big advance!

Paul

Spell Checker coming (in the next upgrade of the forums)

Peter, I did a little research and found out that the latest release of the forum software has a spell checker built in. So, when I upgrade it in the next month it will be in place.

Cool.

b,
d

fodrv7 said:
Duog,
ayn chacne of a splel chekcer fro the stie.
Ptee.