mdredmond

Well Known Member
...financial problems.

He was kind enough to give both me and my wife rides in 'Flash' and now we have to build an RV. I've been kicking it around for a while, but now I have a departure clearance from my wife (as long as I buy her a new car!).

I'm still smiling and my wife just walked in the house and said 'Baby! That was so much fun!'

Thanks Doug!

My pleasure, Matt.
Nice meeting both you and and your wife.

B,
D

Last edited:
wife's car choice

My wife's choice of car was a miata........ ;)
I still think it was a fair deal! :D
a happy wife is very important.
Bob Martin

My wife went for a ride in a friend's RV and insisted that I build one, thanks Ed Bundy!

I did have to remind her that it was her idea numerous times in the 3.5 years of night and week-end building.

Rob H - Nampa, ID

Sorry for your loss

mdredmond said:
...financial problems.

He was kind enough to give both me and my wife rides in 'Flash' and now we have to build an RV. I've been kicking it around for a while, but now I have a departure clearance from my wife (as long as I buy her a new car!).

I'm still smiling and my wife just walked in the house and said 'Baby! That was so much fun!'

Thanks Doug!
They call that the $60,000 plane ride. We all feel your loss. Welcome to the club. :D G

My wife's choice of car was a miata

LOL - we went to dinner tonight and on the way there she said "so can we go look at cars tonight?". She's wasting no time trying to get her half (quarter?) of this deal.

Her dad was out there with us. He flies heavy metal for AA and I think he kind of misses the C-140 days. He was very interested in how one aquires one of these 'RVs' and how much they cost. Hmmmm... You acquire half of one when your son-in-law builds it and the cost is a rebuilt engine...

Last edited:
mdredmond said:
Hmmmm... You acquire one when your son-in-law builds it and the cost is a rebuilt engine...

LOL. And it costs a few Saturdays bucking rivets, too. And one Saturday for hanging the engine. Don't forget those.

You're bitten, my friend. If you want a ride in a 9A, lemme know.

gmcjetpilot said:
They call that the $60,000 plane ride. We all feel your loss. Welcome to the club. :D G
I need to correct George as I'm sure it was a FREE, $60,000 plane ride as Krash does not accept money when giving rides!!! ;) Rosie

OneTwoSierra said:
LOL. And it costs a few Saturdays bucking rivets, too. And one Saturday for hanging the engine. Don't forget those.

You're bitten, my friend. If you want a ride in a 9A, lemme know.

Heck yeah, 12S - I'd love a ride in a 9A. I'll PM you.

Rosie said:
I need to correct George as I'm sure it was a FREE, $60,000 plane ride as Krash does not accept money when giving rides!!! ;) Rosie

Yeah, it was a free ride - very nice of Doug. I couldn't have offered any $$ anyway, as I had no cash and the ride offer caught me by surprise (I was just there to watch my nephew take his first lesson - seeing a flight of RVs - and flying in one - was a huge bonus).

I'll just donate to the site instead :)

Miata

Just make sure that the Miata is the "Mazdaspeed" model, my wife LOVES hers.

Mike