LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
Morning Doug,

We have a serious situation here. My VAF shirt is taking on some small holes and the wife is telling me I should stop wearing it. What??? No way I say. Well, she states if she washes the shirt, the holes will just get bigger. I see this as probably correct... but I love the shirt. I should have bought five more.

Okay... Are we ready yet? Is it time for another batch of shirts? A new contest for a new shirt design? I promise to buy five! :D

Last edited:
On it!

The 2nd VAF shirt is in the skunkworks as I type this... I keep #1 in a plastic storage bag in the closet (no light, no humidity :)). Planning on framing it someday...

I think I'll have something to show you in a month or so....same deal as last time....500 made and no more....sold at cost plus 50 cents.

You guys crack me up :D.

b,
dr

yea, put me down for two. My shirts always end up in the 'work clothes' pile... they just disappear and I wonder where they went for a long time... honey,
have you seen such-n-such shirt.... ans: no, but have you checked the
'work clothes' ? my ans: no, why should I, that shirt isn't a work shirt. I go
there and discover a treasure trove of clothes that migrate back to my
'regular' closet ;). I really need to stop wearing my favorite shirts when I
work on my RV!

OK, I keep hearing about this "nose art girl". As a noob to these forums, where do I go the see her?

--Bill

I know it's not as perty as DR's shirt...but since I often see him donning one of the hottest shirts out there - you could temporarily wear your "Free" SteinAir shirt without holes in it until your new VAF shirt arrives! :)

Cheers,
Stein

I know it's not as perty as DR's shirt...but since I often see him donning one of the hottest shirts out there - you could temporarily wear your "Free" SteinAir shirt without holes in it until your new VAF shirt arrives! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Done deal Stein... I'll take five of them too... :D

Done deal Stein... I'll take five of them too... :D

Don't worry, you've already 'earned' yours......they'll be in the box of goodies you're getting!

Cheers,
Stein

PS - the Group buy comment for DR's shirts is the funniest thing I've read on here in awhile!

Uh, it looks like there is kind of a trend here. Not too many smalls or mediums?

Just think of the performance gains if we ALL went on diets! People cut every lightening hole out of their RV's to save what? 3-4 pounds? Yet their wearing XXL shirts?

Hey, maybe the Yoga Instructor can help!! DO they have Aerobic Yoga?!:D

Paul

Cheers,
Stein
I have six of these still in "active rotation". The red ones are the best. I never was able to get my hands on a size small for the wife that she requested where it would look its best and provide the greatest advertisement value. Hey Stein, I'll send you a picture, if you'll send me a small in red for Tanya!

I have negative approval on the VAF noseart shirt :(.

ooohhh yes...

I'll take one.... the other one is signed by van and two other folks... I'll frame it. Cannot chance the signatures being washed off....
Best
Brian
xl or xxl please...
+nose art hottie pretty please...grin...

Size "M" here!!

I got to the stage where I can no longer do without one of these either :rolleyes:. Please put me down for a couple of size "M" (Am I the firts one calling for "M" ?? ;) no need to build light! :p, so I am going for luxury: full leather interior, long range tanks, FM-radio+CD for the misses, full primer and paint, etc.) :cool:

Must be nose art XXX! (no restrictions on "nose art" in Europe, go for it Doug!) :D

Regards, PilotTonny.

what a deal!

....same deal as last time....500 made and no more....sold at cost plus 50 cents.

Cost plus 50 cents! Let me give you some business advice... You sell the shirts for what people will pay for them (or a fair price, if you'd prefer), then sell what's left at a "sale" price to clear them out.

This is your income now, dude....we all benefit from you spending your time on this site instead of at a real job. :D

And just wait... next thing you know the speculators will be buying shirts and offering them on eBay at crazy prices after the first 500 are sold!

3 Here

'M' for the Mrs, 'L' for me ... and 'XXL' for my pops.

No need for approval, Mrs wears her original nose art shirt and thinks its cool!

Just to clarify how this shirt stuff works....

...sorry gang, but I don't take advance orders on the shirts. I get (500) made in various sizes and deliver them to Avery Tools. Then, I make an announcement and it's first come first serve until they are gone.

Best always,
Doug

Different Color t shirt?

Doug,

How about selling your "nose art babe" t shirt in white or gray, I'll buy at least 3 or 4 if you do! Really, I will!

Thanks,

Bob Richie
RV-4
Zuehl Airpark, TX

How about selling your "nose art babe" t shirt in white or gray, ...snip

Thanks for the inquiry, Bob. Those faded red 'girl' shirts were a one-run collector's item. Sorry, but you can't buy any more (maybe on eBay :)).

Best,
Doug