chrispratt

Well Known Member
Happened to see the rock star as he was preparing to leave this morning.

In this first image he is either: A) sniffing the avgas to be sure it's a proper vintage; b) signing an autograph for one of the adoring fans on hand for his departure, c) reciting the pre-flight prayer

doug1gv8.jpg

In this photo, he is adjusting SPOT so his fans can follow his journey to the home world. (Doug's "Flash" can be found on display at the SPOT booth next to AeroShell Square).

doug2nf8.jpg

Here our intrepid traveler waves go-bye. At least, I think it was a wave.

doug3er7.jpg

And lastly, he is but a blur as he heads south on takeoff out of 52F. Do you think we should tell him that Oshkosh is to the north?

doug4pi4.jpg

Bon voyage, Doug.

Chris

Chris--

Are you going up at all?

Joe

PS. How's the new hangar?

Joe:

Thanks for asking. I'm not going this year, too much on my plate here including the new hangar which by the way is done other than a few items of furniture to complete the pilots lounge. Doug would like me to line one wall of the lounge with bunk beds for RV fly-ins. Nice idea, but not gonna happen.

If you're planning on being at 52F anytime on a weekend (especially Saturdays) let me know and I'll give you directions. I'm very pleased with how the hangar has turned out.

Regards,

Chris

HA! Saturdays off....what's that? This is the first one in 2 months. Living the dream as a junior seniority airline pilot! Nice short lines at Home Depot during the week though:D

I'd like to see the new digs one of these days...sooner or later my kit will be an airplane and need a home. I'm sure yours is a nice place to "imitate"

Joe