BlakeB

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Doug Bell? I have a flying RV-8 and would like to purchase one of his tail Wheel. Is he still building?

Thanks,

Blake
Louisiana

Bell Tailwheel

Doug Bell Sr. is still building them...and has a long waiting list. I ordered one last April; I was #123 and they just shipped #59 a short time ago (email from Doug Jr. last week).

Doug Sr. builds about 12 at a time, so you need to be patient!

Mike

I got mine!

I let Doug Jr know that I was planning to purchase the Doug Bell TW fork almost two years ago. At the time, I let him know that I was in no hurry, I was simply purchasing equipment and putting it on the shelf until ready to use.

Good thing I contacted him when I did! I kept in contact two or three times over the following sixteen months, and managed to make it to the top of the delivery list at just about the time I was ready to use the TW fork. In fact, I actually bolted on the stock TW fork for a couple of weeks until the "real deal" arrived.

Doug was great about the whole process, and didn't ask for payment until after he had already shipped the fork.

So my experience was 16 months from original order to receiving the fork. Thanks, Doug:D

YMMV!

PS: Anyone interested in a stock Van's TW fork for a -7? Make me an offer.

Last edited:
Blake reached me

I did get back to Blake today. Dad is getting about 15-20 forks out now every 4-5 weeks. He has my Mom "Rosie the Riviter" pushing him along. It is funny that she asked me more about the orders now than Dad. She is now part of the production line.
Dad has shipped through 70 now on the new order list and I am contacting another group of 16 guys now...
Thanks for the patience of those of you on the list.
Doug jr.