pilot2512

Well Known Member
Looking ahead at countersinking the forward edge of center fuse skin. The directions call out for the 5 outboard most rivets to be double flush by countersinking the skin and partially into the f904 and then countersinking the inside of the f904. Is there enough material on the f904 to be countersunk on both sides?

Thanks!

Do a test assembly of the landing gear weldment onto the forward spar.
Look at the gap between the weldment and the spar flange with the rivet holes in question.

The double flush rivet is called out to create clearance for the weldment. Some need it, some don't. Mine did not. I dimpled and moved on.

While on the subject of gear weldment, I saw some webpage of a gent with the spars held vertically on the bench with the landing gear attached and he was working on the wheel pant and leg fairing allignment/fabrication. It was WAY out of assy guidebook order but I would surely do it that way if given a second chance.

The need for the double flush setting is strictly to provide clearance for the landing gear weldment. They didn't need to be completely flush in my case to clear properly. Just use a shorter rivet length and squish them down to clear and you should be fine.