pierre smith

Well Known Member
....to even try to do your own nosegear re-thread. Man, did I have to control my mouth:eek: The die was dull after two or three times down the extra inch. Fortunately, being an optimist, I managed to sharpen the die with a die-grinder stone and give it another shot. All Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, we finally managed to get the nut to run all the way down...whew...what a pain. Would I do it again? Absolutely not.

Take care,

Don't do it

....to even try to do your own nosegear re-thread. Man, did I have to control my mouth:eek: The die was dull after two or three times down the extra inch. Fortunately, being an optimist, I managed to sharpen the die with a die-grinder stone and give it another shot. All Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, we finally managed to get the nut to run all the way down...whew...what a pain. Would I do it again? Absolutely not.

Take care,

Hi Pierre,

I was at my neighbors yesterday and he was putting his nose gear together on his 6 after doing the mod. He left the gear leg on and did the die work. He also modified his fork on his own.

He said the die work took two hours and was very difficult. The rest wasn't bad. He said he would never do it again. BS factor redlined:eek: