Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Lots of folks have been working on lots of different events to honor Van at this year?s Oshkosh, and while they might be obvious to those doing the detailed planning, it occurs to me that it might be prudent to start getting them listed so people can enter them into their calendars. It would be sad if something that took a lot of planning was poorly-attended because folks didn?t know (or forgot) about them. So get out those iphones, ipads, androids, notebooks, PC?s, Macs, steno pads, pocket calendars, and slabs of rock and chisels (for the less-advanced among us), and chisel these onto your schedules for the week:

Sunday ? 1330 ? 40-ship RV Arrival ? look up!! (unless you?re in it ? then look where you are supposed to look?)

Monday - 1430(ish): Parade of RV?s starring the RV-1 flown by Van himself! This will end on Phillips Square with the presentation of the RV-1 to the EAA museum.

Tuesday - 0830: Eagles Nest/Teen Flight Forum ? Honda Pavilion ? I think Van may be there ? but in any event, they?ll be talking teens building RV-12?s.

Tuesday ? 1000: Honoring Van at Theater in the Woods ? let?s PACK the place!! (No excuses if you are on the field?.)

Tuesday ? 1800 ? Van?s Banquet at the Nature Center Pavilion

Don't miss

Also, on Monday and Wednesday, Don't miss Team RV.

Performance in the main air show which starts at 15:30.

It's exciting for us to show everyone what normal folks can do with these great airplanes.

Paul and all,

I can verify that Dick will be at the Tuesday morning ENP/TF forum, and will speak. I won't say when, then you might come to hear the rest of us;)

Bob

It's exciting for us to show everyone what normal folks can do with these great airplanes.

Yes, Team RV will be flying Monday & Wednesday. A must see airshow performance.

Falcon Flight from Texas will also be flying during the show. Don't miss their performance either...

If you get bored, wander by the Van's booth and see what's new there... :cool:

Who said any of us are normal? :D

Will probably miss the 40-ship mass arrival since I'll be arriving Sunday afternoon probably around 3pm if all goes as planned.

Will definitely be there for the parade on Monday, and the Honoring Van at Theater in the Woods, and the banquet.

BTW, in case it isn't widely known yet, there are more tickets for the banquet available now... the announcement is on the front page at http://www.vansaircraft.com.

RVs at OSH

Falcon Flight will lead the 40-ship Arrival at 1330 on Sunday, followed by 18 RVs in a UNIQUE formation, followed by TeamRV.

Falcon Flight will lead the Parade of RVs at 1445 on Monday with the Parade following in inverse order, Van in the RV-1.

Falcon Flight will perform in Showcase on Tuesday and Thursday.

TeamRV will perform in Airshow on Monday and Wednesday.

The Eagles Nest RV-12 will be in the homebuilders hangar Monday morning for homebuilt in review from 9-11, presentation at 10.

RV-1, same thing on Tuesday afternoon, 1-4, presentation at 1.

RV-8, same thing on Friday afternoon (though I still looking for someone to present here!).

Is the "What's new at Van Aircraft" on Wednesday at 2:30 still a go?

It wasn't mentioned above so just wondering. That should be interesting:)

Darren

New... RV?

If you get bored, wander by the Van's booth and see what's new there... :cool:

Come on Joe,
Don't tease us :D I'm surprised no one from the RV-14 thread jumped on this comment of yours

See you there, I'm coming from France with a friend who might get his first RV-12 $70K free flight:D