AX-O

Well Known Member
Guys I thought I would let you know what happened to me so it does not happen to you. I just spent about 3 hours in the garage bolting my 4-inch prop extension on an O320. It all started fine, read the directions, used a 9/16 wrench to get the 3/8 bolts hand tight, then it went down hill from there. I did not have the proper socket/torque wrench combination. Every single combination would not fit. I went to Home Depot and bought a different torque wrench and socket. I torqued everything down per directions. First 10 lbs, then 20 lbs, 30 lbs and finally 35ft/lbs. I then proceeded to make the perfect safety wire job. 6 bolts, 3 wires. I did them about 8 times. Looks nice, job well done. Now let me put the alternator belt on. Nope, $%^&*. It does not fit. Hope that does not happen to you.

Question, do I need to change the bolts or can I re-use them. They were new.

Yes, you can use the bolts. But you will have to start off with new safety wire. Don't forget the backing plate.

Sort of like putting the back wheel of a bike on without the chain...I am ashamed to admit how many times I did this as a kid...