MSFT-1

Well Known Member
Last summer I banged up one of the wheel pants on my RV-10.

I finally got around to calling Van's to order the parts to fix it. I didn't have the plans handy so I explained that I wanted just the front half of the pant. Ken in tech support supplied the number as U1013A. I then talked to one of the girls in the parts department and she gave me a price of $30. I was completely flabbergasted! I am so used to paying outrageous prices for airplane parts (see my thread on the $22 light bulb). I asked her to confirm that I had the right price and part number. After she did, I went ahead and placed an order. I still have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to get something other than the front half of the wheel pant for an RV-10.

Can anyone confirm that the correct part number is U1013A and or that the price should be about $30?

thanks,

Van's will probably frame your post

Last summer I banged up one of the wheel pants on my RV-10.

I finally got around to calling Van's to order the parts to fix it. I didn't have the plans handy so I explained that I wanted just the front half of the pant. Ken in tech support supplied the number as U1013A. I then talked to one of the girls in the parts department and she gave me a price of $30. I was completely flabbergasted! I am so used to paying outrageous prices for airplane parts (see my thread on the $22 light bulb). I asked her to confirm that I had the right price and part number. After she did, I went ahead and placed an order. I still have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to get something other than the front half of the wheel pant for an RV-10.

Can anyone confirm that the correct part number is U1013A and or that the price should be about $30?

thanks,

Since most people are always complaing about the price :) I smile too. Was once quoted $395 for a door handle for my Cherokee. The OEM was actually VW (1989 Super Beetle) and the door handle could be purchased from a VW parts department for $40. I got a used (proven) part from salvage for $4.

LarryT

Last edited by a moderator: