I don't know if it changed later but when I built my RV-6 the supplied tailwheel was non-swiveling as was the RV-4 of the time. I converted my airplane to the full-swivel version during construction. I had to cut off the bent portion of the tailwheel spring and machine down the end to a smaller diameter to fit the full-swivel wheel. It was pretty easy but I did have to have a machinist do the lathe work. Done this way the tailwheel spring is shorter than normal. I have noticed no adverse consequences from this except that steering links may not be the correct length.

Tail wheel

No, the standard does not, but it will pivot 90% for doing locked wheel pivots. You just cant push it backwards unless disconnecting the chains or it will mess up the rudder bottom cap and the tailspring paint. All standards can be retrofitted, and there are several aftermarket ones available as well as VANS. I still like my standard TW, but will likely switch one day to make it stupid proof when moving it around.

My kit bought 2010 has a fully swivelling tailwheel as standard. Easy to push backwards.

If you have one of the early non swiveling tailsprings, you can send the spring back to Langaire and they can cut it off and grind it down to fit the new full swivel units. Then you can install a full swivel unit or your choice either from Van's or somewhere else if you have another you like better.