alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Just got done prosealing and riveting the stiffeners, tank flange, and drain flange to my right tank skin--boy was that FUN! :eek: I wiped off all excess proseal when finished, but wonder how much effort I should make at getting the proseal that surrounds the rivet heads. There is still a definite (but very narrow) proseal "halo" around each rivet that is visible. Is this normal? Will paint adhere OK later?

BTW, don't forget to attach the little fuel vent clip while riveting the filler flange on. Don't ask me why I'm reminding others! :(

Steve:

You don't want to remove that "halo" of proseal around your rivets. It is going to act like a gasket to help prevent leakage.

Not to worry....paint does stick to proseal quite nicely. That is one of the attributes about it that makes it attractive to use in sealing tanks, windshields, canopies etc.

Regards,

pro seal

mark manda said:
anybody hear or know anyone using proseal or a similar product for filling in rivets?
Filling in Rivets? To hide them, no. It is too soft to sand, but why fill rivets. It is a metal plane and is riveted together. Be proud :D If you want you rivet line to be less noticable, prime it, sand prime sand several times to fill it in with primer before top coat. If you have a dent body filler works. Some will use body filler to fill rivets but it adds weight and can crack. Again why, keep it light.

One use of proseal I did use for rivets is pop rivets. I injected the center with proseal (thinned a little with MEK). Works well and makes the pop rivets look like regular rivets. Again the idea is not to hide but fill the center hole.

BTW paint sticks to it very well. Cheers George

Last edited: