N208ET

Well Known Member
I have a 0-360 8.5-1 pistons, dual Bendix Mags, swinging a 86 pitched Sensenich. Ground Static RPM is 2025 RPM, 45 degrees F @ Sea Level. Climb out at 120 MPH is giving me around 2200 RPM. At 1000' WOT she will go to 2600 RPM and no further. I couldn't go to 8000' yesterday due to weather, but from memory I was turning at 2575 getting about 195 mph true (gps derived), All fairings are installed ECCEPT the upper main gear intersection fairings. There are a few little things I plan to do to clean up the airframe a few mph. Anyone have this prop engine comb with similar numbers. I am going to a catto and trying to decide how I want it set up. This is on my 8A

Thanks
Randy

OK

With all fairings on static obviously didn't change, takeoff and climbout where the same, weather was nasty so I could only go up to 2000' but the numbers are this. At 2K I am getting 2625 RPM's WOT (tach has been checked), TAS is 206.75 (Flew a Box and calculated off my GPS), temp. was 46 degrees F, humidity was 93%.

Randy

Seems over pitched to me.

Static and climb performance seems lethargic to me.

Having test flown Jamie Lee's RV7A recently we saw 2250 or so static, and 2700 straight and level.

Needs a lot more homework to judge but it is not a good result yet.

RVs do the numbers when all is right ;)

Hi,

For what it is worth, I have an XP-360 8.5-1 pistons, dual Slick Mags, swinging a 85 pitched Sensenich (slightly finer than yours). Ground Static RPM is around 2200 RPM. Climb out at 110 kts (126 MPH) gives me around 2400 RPM. At WOT she will go to 2700 RPM.

Regards,

Mark.

Interesting

My static rpm seems low and my WOT seems to fall in line with the pitch of the prop.

Randy