Stroh21

Well Known Member
Hello VAF!

I'm slowing narrowing down my panel upgrade. In the process, I've discovered the PS Engineering PAR200A. The feature I like most about the system is the affordable price to get audio, comm, and blue tooth! I was curious if anyone out there is currently using it? What do you think?

Thank you for your time,
Matt

Matt,
I use the PAR100EX (the previous version to this model) and I love it. Easy to use, great isolation features between me and my copilot (who may be watching something on Ipad while I fly). Install was easy: I mounted the VHF remote transmitter on my sub-panel, easily accessible for maintenance. Great voice quality and transmitter/receiver strength: It's my Comm 1 and I prefer using it over my Skyview VHF (Comm 2).

So you get a thumbs up from me.

Like PAR200A

I have the PAR200A and have been using it since April. I?m very satisfied with its performance and features. I use it as my comm 2 my comm 1 is the GTN650 which is also good, but I feel the sound quality is somewhat better with the PAR200A. Oh yeah and it has an on/off switch:)

PAR200A Blue Tooth

Thank you guys for the vote of confidence! Any chance either of you use the blue tooth function for either music or to make a phone call?

I do, and it's PARTICULARLY NICE for long crosscountry flights. The music part, I mean. The phone would be good too if I could bring myself to fly slow enough to prevent cell towers from squabbling over my signal: I usually can't get calls to go through to the local service (not the audio panel's fault).