Looking at their website, I think the answer to that is no. It was designed for an RV-6.

I do not like the look of that throttle lever on the Andair quadrant. Mind you, I think the Fat Boy throttle lever would look better in a mechanical digger.

Here is one from ACS:

PN 05-00703

Which I think looks very much better.

Andair throttle quadrant for tandem RV's ?

I asked the very same question of Andair last year, not seen or heard of an update.

Here's the response.

"On 20 Apr 2010, at 16:19, Andair wrote:

> Hi Andy,
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'm stuck here in Florida due to the volcano.
> At present we only make quadrants for right hand operation but we are thinking of doing a 'group buy' for the RV 8 and F1 Rocket boys made to operate for the left hand. When (and if!!) I get home we will look at it seriously, as to weight I can't give you an acurate weight but it is very light only being made from aluminium.
>
> Kind Regards
> Andy"

The left hand 'group buy' may be of interest if it were to materialize!
Seems nothing has changed with the volcanic ash, grounded yesterday but back in the air today!!

I asked the very same question of Andair last year, not seen or heard of an update.

Here's the response.

"On 20 Apr 2010, at 16:19, Andair wrote:

> Hi Andy,
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'm stuck here in Florida due to the volcano.
> At present we only make quadrants for right hand operation but we are thinking of doing a 'group buy' for the RV 8 and F1 Rocket boys made to operate for the left hand. When (and if!!) I get home we will look at it seriously, as to weight I can't give you an acurate weight but it is very light only being made from aluminium.
>
> Kind Regards
> Andy"

The left hand 'group buy' may be of interest if it were to materialize!
Seems nothing has changed with the volcanic ash, grounded yesterday but back in the air today!!

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the info. I have tried many, many times through E-mail for an answer, and have had no reply whatsoever. Could you be a chap and forward this to him? I believe there would be a number of people that would be interested.

I have an Andair throttle quadrant that fits on the left side, with the handle cranked to the right. Straight up handles are also available. Probably best to ring them or send an email.
Pete

Andair Left hand throttle quadrant!

Request for further updates sent to Andair, standby!

Andair Left hand throttle quadrant!

Just checked my mail.........................Nothing yet!
I'll post a reply the minute I get a response.
As an aside, they look to be beautifully made, HOTAS has to be the way to go!

Just checked my mail.........................Nothing yet!
I'll post a reply the minute I get a response.
As an aside, they look to be beautifully made, HOTAS has to be the way to go!

Hi Andy,

Any word yet from Andair regarding a quadrant for an 8?

Make one?

I purchased an Andair side-by-side throttle quadrant with flap control from a lister a while back with the intention of making it work in my -8. Two things: 1) I reversed the frame so that the friction lock is now on the right hand side, and 2) the throttle's lever/arm needed to be angled towards the right to now fit the left hand.

Disassembly and reversing the friction lock was simple.

It is not yet mounted in the fuselage, but with a little custom fabbing it should work nicely.

Andair LH Throttle quadrant?

Still No reply from Andair..............!
I'll give them a quick reminder.:eek:

Andair Left hand Throttle quadrant!

I Received this reply from Andy Phillips of Andair this morning.

On 6 Jun 2011, at 09:06, Andair wrote:

Hi Andy,
(Sounds like an echo!) Yes we are starting to develop the RV8 type quadrant and will have some at Oshkosh.
Not being an RV8 driver are there any quirks you can think we may be able to incorporate that would make it unique.
We are making a batch of 5 units based on our standard quadrant to take.
Kind Regards
Andy Phillips

Perhaps the LH version will be aimed at the -8 market but will certainly be useable in the -4!

My only criteria would be to keep it LIGHT!

If you have any other thoughts as to what you would like to see over and above the standard quadrant post them here and I'll pass them on to Andy since I'm not sure he monitors this site!

Alternatively, go along and see them at Oshkosh and tell him in person, I'm sure they will be impressive.

I Received this reply from Andy Phillips of Andair this morning.

On 6 Jun 2011, at 09:06, Andair wrote:

Hi Andy,
(Sounds like an echo!) Yes we are starting to develop the RV8 type quadrant and will have some at Oshkosh.
Not being an RV8 driver are there any quirks you can think we may be able to incorporate that would make it unique.
We are making a batch of 5 units based on our standard quadrant to take.
Kind Regards
Andy Phillips

Perhaps the LH version will be aimed at the -8 market but will certainly be useable in the -4!

My only criteria would be to keep it LIGHT!

If you have any other thoughts as to what you would like to see over and above the standard quadrant post them here and I'll pass them on to Andy since I'm not sure he monitors this site!

Alternatively, go along and see them at Oshkosh and tell him in person, I'm sure they will be impressive.

Way to go Andy, He wasn't answering ANYONE else!

Pete, do you have pictures?

Sorry to be late to reply - this picture is from my One Design. In the end I didn't use it as there was just not enough room between my legs and the throttle handle. I will fit a straight up handle soon and install it in my 6.

Pete

image013.jpg

Andair Left hand Throttle quadrant!

For those fortunate enough to be going to Oshkosh this year. If you find yourself passing the Andair stand could you take a couple of photos of the LH throttle variant please. Any reports or further information, particularly it's weight would be great to see in this continued thread. Thank you in advance to all interested parties.

Andair Left Hand Throttle Quadrant?

For those interested I have just received this message from Andair regarding the LH Throttle Quadrant.

"Hello,
Im not sure if you have recieved a reply as of yet, but we are now doing left-handed throttle quadrents for all our quadrent models (we took various ones to Oshkosh this year) currently as it is a new product,it is not even been put on our website! but can be ordered via e-mail to [email protected] However as yet there is no plans about a group buy on the VAF website as of yet.

Kind regards
felicity Reed"

After further conversations it appears that the last line regarding the "group buy" is incorrect.

"Hello Andy,
I have talked to my boss and he considers an order above 15 units to deem a group buy.We would be able to offer an OEM price instead of RRP, (as doing specific prices for each model would get complicated as there is various throttle quadrant set-ups ie:- mixture lever,throttle lever no flaps, then one with flap switches no prop, and so on.)

Kind Regards
Felicity Reed"

I'm not sure if there is enough interest in a "group buy", or indeed how it would work. Perhaps we could get a discount voucher number to take advantage of the OEM price and order directly since there will be variations in configurations and delivery! Guidance from DR or moderator will be required if we are able to meet the 15+ unit requirement to proceed.

I for one would be interested, any more takers?