Martyrv6a

Well Known Member
I’ve been looking for a clear view document holder in which to display my AWC. I’d like for room to include the Registration card and folded up Operation Limits so something like a 5x7 clearview pouch. So what is everyone using? Marty

AW certificate, registration in this pouch from Sporty’s (local to me) - first pic.

Op Limitations, W&B, Ohio yearly registration, and a couple other necessities in a robust zip vinyl bag in my side storage compartment, along with some other things - second pic.

In the first pic is also a couple rock climbers chalk bags to hold water bottle, wallet, keys, etc. There’s a couple zippered compartments in the side of the bag for misc items. This was recommended by someone here on this website for storage/water bottle storage. I like it.

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

Also, in pic two is what an “almost 14 seat mod” looks like in an RV6 with manual flaps. Seatback supports are further back - I like that too.

Now that the Special Airworthiness Certificates are printed as part of the Ops Lims, I find that the traditional holders (from ACS) don’t really work. But Office Depot usually has a selection of clear plastic zipper pouches to hold documents that are about 9” wide and just tall enough for a doubled piece of paper. Velcroed to the inside of the airplane, they work fine….

Does a digital copy of the ops limits suffice?

If you have an AWC and Ops Lims issued in the past few years (I know it has been at least four), the AWC is printed as part of the Ops Lims (and vice versa), and I have my doubts (but can't prove it) that an inspector during a ramp check wouldn't accept a digital AWC, because it has to be "displayed".

That said, it is going to be up to your skills to convincee the inspector of whatever you do....I personally would never risk it!

Does a digital copy of the ops limits suffice?

No.

A copy of the OpLims has been acceptable in the past. Inspector requires unmodified original airworthiness and registration plus copy of weight and balance in the airplane.

I got in hot water at one ramp check for having my airworthiness certificate laminated. I found out that is something that is not allowed.

Last edited:
If you have an AWC and Ops Lims issued in the past few years (I know it has been at least four), the AWC is printed as part of the Ops Lims (and vice versa), and I have my doubts (but can't prove it) that an inspector during a ramp check wouldn't accept a digital AWC, because it has to be "displayed".

That said, it is going to be up to your skills to convincee the inspector of whatever you do....I personally would never risk it!

My AWC and Op Lims, issued last August, are separate documents like they have been for all my builds. Maybe my FSDO is a little behind the times.

I got in hot water at one ramp check for having my airworthiness certificate laminated. I found out that is something that is not allowed.

This reminds me of a story about an well experienced professional pilot who's (paper) pilot certificate was pretty frayed around the edges from many years in his wallet. The FAA inspector said, "You need to get this replaced. You should have laminated it." He got a new certificate, and laminated it. The next inspector said, " You've defaced this certificate by laminating it. It's no longer valid."