Yup. I know!

I had a square peg in the round hole moment when I was looking at the safeair fittings and my pitot tube.

I was thinking....do I really have to cut off a great fitting on my brand new pitot tube?

Then I thought, I made a ton of flares for my brake lines so I sucked it up, cut it off and pressed on with the build.

There aren't fittings on the lines already they just came with. I will have to cut the lines shorter though. They are really long.

Mine wasn't real long and I was just able to get my flaring tool on to both get a fitting on and then flare it.

Mine line was also 1/4 inch.

If you cut it make sure the size is correct for the AN fitting you have, don't cut the line to short so you can't get the fitting and tool on it and take it very slow!

The problem with the pitot tube is....it's an expensive mistake! And that's why I was afraid of doing it.

But, since I had little choice I just took my time and it all worked out good.

I might be able to get away with not cutting them if I can bend them 90 degrees. Have to be carful not to kink it though.

I like the bender from spruce. Not sure if I could get it close enough to the pitot tube base to get a close 90 though. I guess I would use it later for the brake lines.