UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey quick question before I blow $100. I know that I need a 37 flair tool to connect my Dynon pitot to the SafeAir Tubing. However, I am planning on using Bonaco for both my brakes and fuel lines. If the Pitot is the only thing I need to use a Flair tool for, I will try and borrow one. However, if I still will need it quite a bit with the Bonaco brake and fuel lines (or something else I'm forgetting), I'll break down and order one.

Thanks,
Jason

Can you borrow the tool and just do all of your flares at once? The tool does not wear out with use so if you can wait and do all of them at once I would just borrow. No sense in buying the tool to only use it on one project. Or if you can borrow the tool, throw them some money and rent it from them.

You're fuel vent lines will require it, don't come done with the quickbuild, and using s.s. for them would be overkill.

Having said that, are you a member of a local EAA chapter? There's got to be someone there who has one. I bought mine, but even for the slow build, the amount it's used makes it one of the most expensive tools purchased.

Also if you'll be going with a fuel-injected engine, there are some short tubing runs that you'll need to make for the aux fuel pump assembly. These have to make some tight U-turns that I doubt you'll be able to make with hose.

And for what it's worth, I would suggest that you reconsider your decision in general about going with hoses for all the brake and fuel lines. Bonaco puts out great product, and going with their hoses makes very good sense where the fluid lines must accommodate significant motion, namely the brake lines at the pedals and the brake lines down the gear legs to the calipers. But for the other brake lines and fuel lines that are stationary, 5052-0 aluminum tubing is the preferred choice. That's standard practice and is a lot lighter than hose (not to mention cheaper).