RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I assembled my main wheel and brakes, I am using the Grove wheels and did not order the Cleveland stuff from Vans and the drawings I did get are not real clear.

I installed the brake caliper support on the outside of the powder coated support that Vans has in the kit, can't remember the part number off hand but you will see in the picture.

The picture is a shot showing the parts. The outside pad is just off the disk and the studs and go into the caliper support are sticking out just a bit on the other side. Do I have this correctly set up?

Anyone with the Grove wheel and brakes please let me know if I have this set up correctly. I did have to trim the pant bracket so the caliper would clear it. Oh I know there is a missing bolt, this was temporary and that one was not need to do the fitting that I was doing.

As always thanks.

vyty80.jpg

ngdnr4.jpg

2ryoylv.jpg

! was looking at the grove brakes and wheels for my 6.

Looking at yours make me want to get them even more. That setup looks real nice. Just my 2 cents, I think a majority of the wheel shimmy most folks are getting is from the wheels and brakes. My 6 used to shake a lot at any taxi speed above REAL slow. I changed my tires to Michelin Airs and now I only get shimmy when I brake. I'm thinking if I get a quality set of wheels and brakes I'll illiminate it all together. Thanks for the pictures.

Ask Robby

Nemo,
Robby Grove is really helpful on the phone. You might want to run those photos by him and get his thoughts.
Cheers.

Does any one....

have an RV-3 or an RV-4 with the 51-201 lightweight magnesium brakes fitted. If so, a pirep would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance