turbo

Well Known Member
i thought it would be fun to meet some of the rvers on here using skype. it is free and will go around the world. it could be a great tool to help someone who needs rv advice in building or just BS.

my contact: turboedi skype name.

vafwwwmasthead.jpg

I use Skype for couple years. The interesting thing is as soon as you turn your Skype on you are overwhelmed with calls and messages. I can easy spend an hour or two talking to somebody on the other side of the world. It's a lot of fun but sometimes it's too much...

Skype N666BK

I've heard of Skype....Saw an interview on the Today show via Skype..I'm a "sorta Geek" whats all the hoohaa?

google it.........

if you have a computer with video camera you should be able to use it. it is free to use computer to computer anywhere in the world. phone lines are extra.

My daughter suggested that I get on skype a couple of months ago when my 2nd grandson was born. Very easy to set-up and web cams are cheap.

It's much better then just a phone call. My wife and I have started to use it when she has to travel.

Last edited:
I got Skype a couple of months ago just after I purchased a new laptop, as the old one went Tango Uniform. The new laptop which is really a desktop replacement has Mr Gates's latest operating system. My old box had Vista which I found totally useless and quickly changed the OS to Ubuntu which I love. However, Skype is not available, or was not available in a working state for Ubuntu so I never used it. Anyway, after a €700 cell phone bill ($1000 approx) I knew I had to do something to reduce my outgoings. Working in Switzerland and having your better half and the dogs based in Germany makes the cell phone providers rub their hands all the way to their bank. Cell phone international roaming charges are a nightmare in Europe. Windows 7 is a much better OS plus Skype is available. I bought SWMBO "She Who Must Be Obeyed" a laptop, installed Skype and now we communicate every night by video call. It is free the quality is okay and sometimes I get to see "me dags" as well. The dogs totally ignore me, as does SWMBO sometimes. The upside is that I have more available cash to devote to my RV-4 project. I swapped numbers with Ed a few months ago but have not gotten round to calling yet. Sorry Ed, my bad.

I also use Google chat to video talk to my son in Manchester England. My sister, who lives in London, is getting Skype to talk to her son (my nephew) in Malaysia and to me in here in Switzerland.

Skype name is

inselaffe.tony

On another note and not meaning to thread hijack, I will be looking at putting in a webcam into the workshop and streaming that on line. I will start another thread on this subject over in "geeks* corner.

Last edited:
I use it quite frequently and that get me in touch with many friends that otherwise would be impossible.

The only sad part is that some countries have banned the PC to phone calling. It's a pain having to pay about 3USD per minute (while on roaming) when you know you could have done it with .05 cents.

Anyways I am on my Planning/deciding phase if anyone wants to add me knowing that I will use them as a resource of information...

This is my skype name "marcrd24"