Depends

If you look at the tool insert with a magnifying glass, there is a chart that lists wire gauge and crimp position. Position 7 = 20 gauge, 6 = 22 gauge, 5 = 24 gauge. Assumes a perfect strip with no nicked /lost strands.

Doh!

If you look at the tool insert with a magnifying glass, there is a chart that lists wire gauge and crimp position. Position 7 = 20 gauge, 6 = 22 gauge, 5 = 24 gauge. Assumes a perfect strip with no nicked /lost strands.

Doh! Now I feel like Homer. Yep. There it is. Staring me invthe bad eyes.:D

Doh! Now I feel like Homer. Yep. There it is. Staring me invthe bad eyes.:D

Larry, you can get all the information from Daniels on this crimper and it's positioners. I got two positioners with my eBay purchase, but not a d-sub. After taking the blue holder apart and doing some measurements, it was easy to machine a new (precision) insert for the blue holder for a sub pin. Be careful, the tolerances are .0005" for the insert! A very precise part. I got the setting info from Daniels website and printed a chart for the (new) modified positioner with the correct settings for the d-sub. 3 hours, but saved $65 for a new one, and learned how to make others.

Positioner

Larry, you can get all the information from Daniels on this crimper and it's positioners. I got two positioners with my eBay purchase, but not a d-sub. After taking the blue holder apart and doing some measurements, it was easy to machine a new (precision) insert for the blue holder for a sub pin. Be careful, the tolerances are .0005" for the insert! A very precise part. I got the setting info from Daniels website and printed a chart for the (new) modified positioner with the correct settings for the d-sub. 3 hours, but saved $65 for a new one, and learned how to make others.

I got mine off Ebay as well but the positioner is new. That's the rub. The table is printed right on the positioner!