Warbirdsolutions

Guys,
I have the double fork Aviation Products, Inc tailwheel unit and I want to use the DJM light weight tailwheel. The axle bolt holes in the DJM tailwheel are 3/8" and the API fork is made for a 7/16" bolt. Anyone know of bushings made for this application? I can have them made, but I would guess they are already available.
Thanks for any help!
Brad

Maybe this will help...

I have the same double fork. Still flying with Van's Tailwheel, but it has different axle requirements, much like your DJM Tailwheel bolt, from the sounds of it. If the bearings are pressed in, like those on the Van's tailwheel, you can probably push them out. I found the bearing was made by freeway corporation and the specs for the bearing are here:

http://www.freewaycorp.com/bearings_ASF_Series1_print.pdf

Anyway, take a look at it. Perhaps that could help. The company that sells the bearings is Cassidy Sales at (952)882-6338. There's a minimum order of 20 bucks or so, so order enough bearings to make it worth it.

Not sure if it will work for DJM, but who knows...

Guys,
I have the double fork Aviation Products, Inc tailwheel unit and I want to use the DJM light weight tailwheel. The axle bolt holes in the DJM tailwheel are 3/8" and the API fork is made for a 7/16" bolt. Anyone know of bushings made for this application? I can have them made, but I would guess they are already available.
Thanks for any help!
Brad

I have the same setup. I have the Aviation Products double fork unit and phoned Dayton Murdock to get the tailwheel setup for my fork. He and his son Ian knew exactly what I needed and shipped one of his tailwheels that just bolt right on to my Aviation Products double fork tailwheel unit.

My suggestion would be to contact Dayton and let him know what you need. I bet he will fix you up with exactly what you need.