Stewie

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all-
My IO320 servo was originally installed on a Twin Commanche. The throttle and mixture arms operate opposite the normal direction, but this is easily dealt with by rotating the servo 180 degrees (discussed here: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=82736&highlight=reverse+throttle+servo). Vans brackets are nowhere close to what I need for mounting my throttle and mixture cables, so I need to make my own. 2 questions:

1. Do I necessarily need to fab this from steel? If someone has fabbed one from aluminum, what thickness?
2. What is the distance between the bracket and the middle position of the throttle/mixture arms?

I did a thorough search of the forums and did not find answers to either of these questions. Any help/pics would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Eric

The AFP injection kit came with AL plate/angle pieces and were fitted and riveted at install. It's like 1/4" or 3/16" type stuff. I think they still do that.

Eric,

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is how I modified/fabricated my throttle bracket mount using some of Van's supplied materials.

img1123jw.jpg

img1122wu.jpg

img4904w.jpg

I have an IO-540 V4A5 and the Vans brackets would not work for this application so I fabricated mine out of 2130 steel. Aluminum is what Vans uses but I don't have a brake that can make nice radius bends so I just cut the steel and tig welded my bracket together then lightened it up with some lightening holes.

Thanks

Thanks guys. Jeff, I saw either your pics or similar in another thread - unfortunately, my sump/intake has no bosses anywhere near where the cables go. Aerhead, I'll give AFP a call tomorrow. This is an oddball servo so I'd be surprised if they have something, but worth a shot. Anyone else out there fab their own from aluminum stock?
Eric