N674P

Well Known Member
Funny how I ended up with a 9/9A emp, when my wife and I went to Van's to pick up parts to convert a -6 to a -7, and order a -7 wing kit. Ken Scott felt for the time, frustration, and money it would take to convert, I would be much happier if I started with a fresh -7 emp.
Su (my wife) thought that sounded reasonable, and threw in with Ken. I said if I were to start fresh, I'd rather go with a 9A, which would be most suited to the type of flying I would do.
So we left Vans Dec 12th with a -9/9A tail and wings on order, and me itching to get started! But nothing ever seems to go as planned... Every day till a week ago was filled with Holidays or their disassembly, our anniversary, honey-do's, and the usual domestic neccessities. Now I've got the shop "ready enough" to get started, the -9 kit unpacked and inventoried, and the old -6 kit inventoried and packed up in the -9 boxes. Now I have all tomorrow to myself! The Plan is do the practice project, and roll on into construction.
After lo these many many years, the journey is finally beginning. Of course, the clever N number I reserved no longer applies. Oh well - moving on!
-Johnny

Wait til someone does a roll in front of you. You'll wish you built a 7A. Anyway, Happy Building and enjoy a great plane. You'll love it.

Roberta

Rules? Don't the rules say that we should not exceed 4G's- a simple roll should be far below that stress level. I wouldn't suggest a split s, hammerhead, or anything that involves a powered dive.

Go for it Johnny!

First off... Congrats Johnny. I know more than one person who built a 6 and has never done any aerobatics.
Second? I sure would like to do a roll in my 9. I just haven?t gotten around to it yet.
Rules? rules?
I was kneeling on the floor just behind the pilot & copilots seats in a 690 Commander with my coffee cup sitting on the cabinet next to the potty. We were on a maintenance test flight with the customer/pilot in the right seat. The test pilot asked the customer if he had ever rolled a Commander and before I new it we had rolled twice to the left and once to the right. Just like Hoover? not one drop of coffee spilled. I never would have known we were rolling if I wasn?t looking out the front window!
I figure about 20 degrees nose up at about 110 mph and full left stick should do it. Cobra, any input here?