Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey Tom (or anybody else who might know offhand). One of my TS flightlines brake lines is routed across the lower firewall about an inch or so above the engine mount crossbar. I noticed today that the soft cover over the braid is turning brown directly above the exhaust pipes.

I can't imagine it's getting hot enough there to boil 5606 brake fluid at 275 degrees, but just to be sure, does anybody know what that sleeve is made out of or what it's temp rating might be? I imaging this is being caused by heat soaking after shutdown, but I think I might wrap those area in firesleeve anyway.

Just curious if anybody else has run across this and has any info.

Attachments

• IMG_9943.jpeg
    IMG_9943.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9946.jpeg
    IMG_9946.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Just a thought, switching to Royco 782 (Mil-Spec: MIL-PRF-83282) would increase the flash point for increased safety margin.

Just a thought, switching to Royco 782 (Mil-Spec: MIL-PRF-83282) would increase the flash point for increased safety margin.
I may do that. As I recall that's compatible with 5606 so no need to flush the system or change o rings or anything. I'll look it up, but am I remembering that right?