n5lp

fugio ergo sum
Ok, I can't fly the RV 24 hours a day. I watch television and like the Discovery Channel show "Dirty Jobs." The show is played for comedy, but one can learn a lot about obscure things and when I have been familiar with the things, I have found it pretty accurate, but exaggerated, of course.

I just watched an interesting episode where Mike Rowe resealed a KC-135 wing tank. An advantage the KC-135 has over an RV is that instead of trying to fit your hand through a little hole you just climb in the tank. They used aggressive ventilation, suits and ventilators and just crawled in there with the Proseal and dabbed it on. "Be generous" the expert said.

After that they pulled a fuel bladder out of the fuselage and at the end they showed a refueling of a B-52.

Pretty interesting!

One of my favorite shows, Larry (I've seen that episode on the fuel tanks).

Every time he says "Poo" the kids and I giggle :).

b,
d

Glad to hear I'm not the only one hooked on Dirty Jobs. Much of the time I find the show fascinating ....not to mention Mike Rowe's sense of humor. Ijust watched the horse breeding ranch episode tonite . TOO funny. :D :D :D

Rupester
RV9A, QB fuse

Rowe is on my list of people I'd LOVE to meet.

A longtime Dirty Jobs fan...

DeltaRomeo said:
Every time he says "Poo" the kids and I giggle :).

The segment with the farmer turning cow poo into flower pots cracked me up when Mike referred to the machine that separates/dries the poo; "so basically, it's a mechanical butthole."

I guess my sense of humor never really progressed much past the 3rd grade fart joke level...

Hey, "fart" gets past the censor?! I'm personally offended...phphphphphhhht.

I'd be surprised if the majority of us here DON'T chuckle at butt/fart jokes and other related material... :D :eek: A 3rd grade sense of humor keeps a young heart!

Another big fan of Dirty Jobs and Mike Rowe... :cool:

Discovery Channel...."AKA"

Last season, I think I just refered to it as "The Mike Rowe Channel"....not only Dirty Jobs, but the Crab Fishing....and a couple of others! A great source of background noise when working in the shop - I love those shows!

Paul

..just saw an episode of him cleaning heavy grease off of the tracks on the super large shuttle mover. You know, that big tractor platform that moves the Space Shuttle out to the launch pads. ...way cool!! He got to drive it and tear it up at .3mph.

..just saw an episode of him cleaning heavy grease off of the tracks on the super large shuttle mover. You know, that big tractor platform that moves the Space Shuttle out to the launch pads. ...way cool!! He got to drive it and tear it up at .3mph.

jdmunzell said:
'Hans' or 'Franz'? Aren't those the names of the two Crawler-Transporters?

They are there to 'pump you up', no? :D

b,
dr

Last edited:
Ironflight said:
Last season, I think I just refered to it as "The Mike Rowe Channel"....not only Dirty Jobs, but the Crab Fishing....and a couple of others! A great source of background noise when working in the shop - I love those shows!

Paul

He narrates a lot of shows. Last night I discovered he was narrating Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi.