az_gila

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me the best size for a Dipstick Tube for an O-360 engine in both a RV-9 and a RV-6 (I would guess the same, but...)

There seem to be three sizes listed --
Short --- 75735
Middle -- 75767
Long --- 75736

Plus a couple of extension pieces as options....

Which is the preferred RV size?

....thanks.... gil in Tucson

11"

Hi Gil,
My buddy (building a -4) exchanged his 11" tube with another builder for an 8" to go in his RV 4. The other guy is building a -9 so he wanted a longer tube. Those suckers are $175 :eek: so find a trade if you can. We also have an 11" or so in the -6A.

Regards,
Pierre

Length?

pierre smith said:
Hi Gil,
My buddy (building a -4) exchanged his 11" tube with another builder for an 8" to go in his RV 4. The other guy is building a -9 so he wanted a longer tube. Those suckers are $175 :eek: so find a trade if you can. We also have an 11" or so in the -6A.

Regards,
Pierre

Hi Pierre... do you know if the 11 inch one the middle or long one?

The Lycoming parts catalog only give a length of 12 13/16 inches for one version of the two piece filler tube.... the others don't have the lengths quoted... :rolleyes:

gil A

Last edited:
ECI's P/N AEL-12790 tube assembly(2 pieces) and dipstick AEL-14860 will work great in all RV 320/360/390 engine applications except in the RV-4 or RV-8.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Engine parts catalog

mahlon_r said:
ECI's P/N AEL-12790 tube assembly(2 pieces) and dipstick AEL-14860 will work great in all RV 320/360/390 engine applications except in the RV-4 or RV-8.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Hi Mahlon.... a LW-12790 does not appear my O-360 Wide Deck parts manual...

The closest is a LW-12789 which is the two piece one at 12 13/16 long.

Does the LW-12790 belong to another engine? ... or is my part catalog out of date.... :)

gil in Tucson

AEL-12790 is an ECI assembly number consisting of a long member P/N AEL75767 and a short member P/N AEL22780.
Overall length of that whole assembly is approximately 12 5/8 inches long.
ECI's numbers may not jive directly with Lycoming's numbers.
Good Luck,
Mahlon