amaris

Well Known Member
Since I've nearly completed the assembly of the wings and the fuselage is being delivered in February, I need to make room in the garage, which means reducing the size of my workbench by a lot. For anyone that's finished a QB kit, is there much need for a dimpler like the DRDT-2? I'm wondering if just put it on a table on the rare occasion it's needed or if I need to rebuild some place for it.
Thanks.

You'll want it for the aft top fuselage skin F-712 and the skin in front of the windscreen F-7106 slider, F-771 tip up.

I've decided I'll rip apart the workbench down to 24" leaving the recess I built to keep the DRDT flush with the work surface. So any of the larger pieces will get supported with a temporary saw horse set up.

Sounds like you?ve got it figured

But you?ll only use the dimpler once or twice more. Better to maximize your level workbench space I would suggest. Use the saw horses for the very rare times you need the dimpler. FWIW, I don?t even own a dimpler for my QB project - have relied on the generosity of friends. Just my two cents.