DragonflyAero

Well Known Member
Here is a picture of my work tables with the DRDT-2 Dimpler mounted between the tables, on a submerged platform
. This is working out really well so far and keeps everything low enough to be at a comfortable work height. No need to stand on a stools for leverage.

Bill Vinson
Still working the 7 tail

Looks very sturdy; but, eventually you will have some very large pieces which need to be pushed deep into the "C", and it looks like the legs of your bench won't allow that.

Just raise the C frame up so the stock rests on top of the table. Or is it already that way? Maybe the angle of the photo fooled me, it looked like the stock had to go under the table.

good idea

The top of the table surface is level with the dimpler dies, so the stock rests on the table.

Man, I cant believe I went through the trouble of building a short table for my dimpler to match the height of the worktables. That simple piece of 2x4 screwed into the table legs is the way to go.

I built a similar table and working on large sheets I would like to have moved the dimpler farther back. With the current setup you have nothing supporting a large sheet if you are dimpling the edge. Maybe add some more mounting holes father back for those big sheets.

I don't have room for a dedicated dimpling table, so I just set my DRDT-2 on the workbench and clamp the front lugs to the edge. I built a couple of portable platforms out of surplus flooring to raise large sheets up to the dies. It takes about 5 minutes to set up, and it's a good incentive to clear the other tools off the bench.;) The front edge of the inboard sides of the platforms are tapered to match the taper on the DRDT. When not in use, I store the diimpler and platforms in a corner of the shop.

FP05122012A0001S.jpg