mccartam

I'm New Here
New builder here, been lurking on the forums for awhile but finally settled on building the -7 and ordered the emp kit. I've hit what may be my first snag. During the process of preparing one of the HS702 spars I dimpled the 4 rivet holes that attach it to HS710 and HS714 without first deburring. My question is what to do about it? Do I call Vans and order a replacement, leave it as is and build on, attempt to debur after dimpling??

Welcome

Welcome Andrew
Take a close look at the holes with a magnifying glass. If you don't see any cracks, give the extruded dimple a rub with scotch brite or 400 grit and move on.
Personally, I would recommend building the VS first. If you do build the HS, check out the "Gotchas" thread on the "7" page. There are a few tricky spots.

Welcome to VAF, and don't panic. Debur and build on. If it were me, I'd start with a small piece of maroon Scotchbrite pad, twisted a few times on both sides of the hole. A regular deburring cutter might do just as well, just be careful. It doesn't take a lot.

I think it is much easier to debur too much than too little. There is no gain in deburring the shop head side for instance, other than just removing lose particles.