dave4754

Well Known Member
Hello All:

I am building an RV 7 with electric trim. I have looked high and low for explanation on how to dimple or countersink the trim cover plate for the small screws and cannot find anything.

Have any of you had this prob? Is there a special tool for this when the dimple set for the AN426 3-3.5 is too small? Should I countersink?

Thanks for the help.... building is fun but tedious eh?

Tedious

This needs to be dimpled the skin is too thin to countersink.

Some people enjoy building more than flying, for other its equal, some just want to fly. I guess the later would think its tedious.

If your thinking that way while working on the empenage you probably wont finish the aeroplane, either transform tedious into challenging, and make it a challenge you will beat, or buy something completed.

People who can see a project like an RV through to the end are special people.

As the man said its will power that gets these things finished!!

Best wishes anyway.

Thanks

Thanks to you both and the #6 dimple die is on order. Yes I will accept it as a challenge and you can rest assured this plane will fly. Thanks for that kick in the you know what though, it prompts me to think differently.

The good news is I now know what to order!! thanks again.

Great

Thats what I like to see positivity and determination....... that will get your aeroplane done.

Best

Also works: Flush set on squeezer yoke, no set on the ram. Insert #6 screw in hole, slide tinnerman washer on screw stem, squeeze whole pile with screw stem in the hole of the ram. Will yield a nice dimple with screw head flush to surface. If you do it without the tinnerman washer the lower surface is funky unless your squeezer ram has a 100deg countersink where the set normally plugs in.