rfinch

Well Known Member
Hey, I got some photos and sketched plans for a nice wing cradle from a fellow VAF'er. But, I need a couple of important dimensions for the -9 QB wing:

1. Distance from spar end to wingtip end. My cradle will be a couple feet shorter than this.

2. Distance from leading edge to spar. This will tell me how deep to make the cradle.

Thanks,

9A wing cradle

Ralph,
Fearless got a set of plans online for a really good wing cradle for his 9A. I'll roust him saturday 16th to post the site to you. Perfect dimensions, excellent construction.
Mike H 9A/8A

Spar end to end of wing rib = 5.25"
Spar end to end of fuel tank skin = 6.25"

leading edge to forward face of spar = 1'

distance wing cradle to cradle = 8'8"

Also, I left 8" between wing cradles. I used this distance between the wings to store fuselage skins and misc large alum pieces.

I also found it useful to add rollers to the bottom of the wing cradle. Helps when necessary to move them around/or out of the garage .

Hope this helps

The dimension we used for length was the length of a pickup bed. That's how we moved 'em to the airport.

Bob Kelly

Wing Cradle

Ralph,
Fearless got a set of plans online for a really good wing cradle for his 9A. I'll roust him saturday 16th to post the site to you. Perfect dimensions, excellent construction.
Mike H 9A/8A

Talked with Fearless and he got the wing cradle plans off VAF. Pics, lumber count, instructions, etc. Archive wing cradle.
Mike H 9A/8A