DocThrock

I ham handed the re-installation of my Digiflight II and cracked the plastic block for the pitot line by over tightening a brass fitting. Consequently I had a very leaky pitot system. So I sent the unit back to TruTrak for repair, rather than try to repair it myself.

They bench tested my unit and found one sensor was a little funky and needed to be replaced, which they were happy to do. However, I was advised that if I wanted the latest greatest most up to date hardware and software, complete with a better daylight readable display, I could have my unit completely overhauled. Zach advised me that virtually everything but the case and bezel would be changed out.

My unit is 5 years old. Evidently in those 5 years, the DII VSGV has changed substantially, physically and mentally.

The price for the complete overhaul was very reasonable, so I jumped on it. And even though my autopilot was otherwise performing well before I sent it in, I thought it was a good idea to have it upgraded. I didn't know this service was available, so I thought I'd pass it along for you older TruTrak owner/builders.

Tru Track Autopilot

WHAT IS THE PRICE THAT YOU SAY IS "VERY RESONABLE" FOR THIS REBUILD. MY UNIT IS ABOUT THE SAME AGE AS YOURS, BUT HAS BECOME ALMOST UNREADABLE. STILL WORKS WELL BUT IS JUST HARD TO READ. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE REBUILD IF IT IS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE.

Just flew with my like new, freshly overhauled DII VSGV autopilot. First test, flies BETTER THAN IT EVER HAS!!! WOOHOO!!!