level

will one of these take the place of the smart tool ? for doing the wing mount ?

Danny..

Beam or No Beam

Just offering some additional input...

If I were buying a digital protractor/level, I would buy one that was just the module (digital protractor), and not one mounted in a level. I say this because it is sometimes convenient to be able to fit it in tight spaces instead of having to deal with a 24” beam. I haven’t seen one that allows you to remove the module from the beam, and I have seen comments from other builders verifying that they are not removable and wishing they were. You can always just put the module on top of a regular beam level, or Cleveland Tools and Avery sell aftermarket beams (24" and 8" models) that will accept the module.

060521_001.jpg

Just my $.02... YMMV. Good luck!

Last edited:
Last edited:
alpinelakespilot2000 said:
Sears online now has the module...
Great stuff Steve! I scoured their web site yesterday looking for it, even browsing the "Levels & Protractors" category, but couldn't find it. Go figure! :eek: ;)

Last edited:
Sears is now out of stock on the item.

alpinelakespilot2000 said:
Sears online now has the module that Brad found at OSH. It's on sale until the 18th. Far lower price ($72.79) than I found through Amazon (about $115). Thanks for the heads up, Brad, that Sears might be carrying it! I just ordered it. Fuselage should be flipped within the next 2 weeks, so I'm pretty close to needing it.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00939756000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes