Toobuilder

Well Known Member
Yes, I can look at the various sites for the "list" prices, but we should know by now they are often not reality.

Looking for a rough price difference between the GTN650 and 635 to see what the NAV functions cost. Torn between the two units - wondering if the 635 is enough of a price break to tip me that way.

Anybody have any recent quotes... Stein? ...Anybody?

Thanks

Manufacturers sometimes frown on their dealers publicly quoting street price. I would suggest an email to Stein.
On the 430/420 series the cost of the VOR/LOC/GS was about $1K.

Understood. Not looking for the total exact cost - just the difference. i.e. is it $1,000 or 1,500?

I'll shoot an email out.

The difference in the price is normally somewhere around the $1,000 to $1,300 between the two. That said, there is currently a rebate on the GTN-650's of $500 which makes the difference much less. Earlier in the year there was an even bigger rebate of around $1K, which basically made them a wash (and brought the price of the 650's down to near what 430W's are selling for). I usually recommend people just skip those GPS/NAV boxes because the price is so close - even if you don't intend on using the VOR portion, it's almost free! :)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Stein