I just made a blunder while relocating my fuel pickup fitting. I'm adding a flop tube to a QB wing. I drilled out the center/aft most rivet on the T-405 thick angle (near the leading edge). I forgot to measure back 1 1/16" like the plans call for and just used the rivet hole as the pilot for my unibit. Now the AN fitting sits about 1 3/8" back. Will this cause complications when mating the wings and plumbing the fuel lines?
I got carried away building a unibit extension and forgot to look at the plans one final time before drilling. :mad:

No problem

As long as you have room for the fitting itself and its own bulkhead nut, you shouldn't have any problems.

If you can't get the nut on the AN fitting because it hits the flange of the angle, then that's an issue.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com

Whew! That's a relief. There is just enough room to get the nut tight around the fitting. I've got to start being more careful.

edit:Thanks Dan, and by the way, great website. It's already helped out a lot. And I watch at least a video a week to keep me motivated.

Last edited: