alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
After all day today deburring (Boy, that was fun!), I've got all the main wing ribs ready for priming except for drilling the holes for the conduit and pitot/AOA lines from SafeAir1 for the Dynon installation. Does anyone know what outside diameter my two holes need to be for the SafeAir1 pitot and AOA lines? I don't want to wait until Tuesday to try to call them. If bushings come with the kit, what are the inside and outside diameters of them? I'm operating under the assumption that I'll use Van's predrilled 7/16" pitot hole for one of them and open up the tooling hole that's right below it to whatever I need for the second one. (I'm hoping these two holes won't conflict with the aileron bellcrank since the pitot goes one bay farther over than Van's. :confused: )

Any help so that I can get back to work on them tomorrow and Monday would be much appreciated. Thanks again Paul and CJ regarding my earlier question on the location of the holes.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
I used the pitot line hole that Vnans has for the SafeAir1 pitot tubing and opened one of the tooling holes to the same size for the AOA tubing. I also extended them out 1 more rib and put he Pitot mount 1 bay outboard from where Van's puts their pitot tube. I think the bushings you get with the SafeAir1 kit are the same size as what Van's supplies so everything should fit. Check the number on the bushings to be sure.

I did the same as Paul.

They are identical to the Van's supplied bushings which are also commonly available from Spruce, et al.

Also, I seem to recall the hole being .44" in diameter.

A well aimed Smith & Wesson should do them all at the same time for ya!

:D CJ