sbalmos

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Where should I be looking to determine the part numbers for the pad covers I need? I'm about to move my engine over to a closer hangar, and will take the opportunity to remove the fuel pump, mags, vacuum pump... basically everything, since they're all going to be swapped out anyway. Obviously having gaping accessory case and mag mount holes where everything used to be is not very conducive to refilling the engine with pickling oil. :p

The engine is an IO-320-E1A, and from other Googling this morning, I *think* the following ECI p/n's apply:

• Vacuum pump pad cover: Lycoming 60430, ECI AEL60430
  • Prop governor pad cover: Lycoming 65109(?), ECI AEL65109
  • Engine fuel pump pad cover: ECI AEL65098 or AEL65087 (AC fuel pump) or AEL60431 (AN fuel pump)

But how do I determine which fuel pump type I have, and what about the mags? What else might I be missing?

Thanks!

I just ordered a cover for the vacuum pump pad on my O-360 (A1A). It's the same P/N you listed. I confirmed it for my engine by calling Lycoming. I took the opportunity to buy a parts list/catalog for my engine. It was very expensive, but I hope it will be useful in the future.

Do you know the pn# to your fuel pump? If I'm not mistaken the lycomings use a LW15473 or a LW15472. Here at the shop, when we paint the engines, we use the gaskets and just tape the open parts of the gasket closed. Keeps any over spray out and might be a cheaper temp. fix for your problem instead of buying actual covers. Unless your engine is going to be sitting for an extended period of time, then you might want to use the covers.

Most of.

Most of the after market and "O.E.M." parts and supplies that we need to track down at a good price, and I don't like doing this but, they have earned a plug down through the years. "A.E.R.O." dose a good job of coming up with these covers and many other engine parts and supplies. I think the outlet up at Granite City is were I get the most information. If you are looking for silk thread or those good front crank seals to replace an old leaker. You may wish to check them out. Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888

cover

I think I have a fuel pump cover, $5 plus shipping if I have it. If you have a metal cutting band saw make the mag covers out of 3/8" plus aluminum.

Thanks everyone. I'm also going to talk with Robert Paisley about what I can order ahead of time, as I'm replacing everything with the full EFII electronic injection/ignition system. The more I can rip off and replace before filling with preserving oil, the better.

I never realized from another thread here at VAF in years past that Van's sells a prop governor pad cover in their web store. So that's an easy given. :) The fuel pump and vacuum pump pad covers I've confirmed the part numbers in this thread or in emails elsewhere today.

Thanks again for the help!