Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
For those of you that don't know about this stuff you will be amazed at the results if you try it. Today we washed and waxed the cars and tried this detailing clay on the surface of my wifes car. We bought Meguires, but there are other kinds available at auto parts stores now days. The stuff we bought comes with a bottle of liquid that is sprayed on the surface in small areas and then you rub this polymer clay on the surface and then wipe it dry with a towel afterwards. The result is a surface so smooth and slippery you just won't believe it. As we were doing the car all I could think of is the leading edges on the plane. :D Afterwards a quick coat of wax and "Oh My God." You'll need to put on sunglasses and not stare at it to long to avoid damage to your eyes. There are very few products that promise results like this and actually deliver, but this is one that does. Here is a Meguires demo video on their product.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI&feature=related

Edit: Here is a short video showing another offering in the clay products. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZRj509Ir8

Enjoy,

Last edited:
Yup...this stuff has been around for years....most folks simply call it 'clay bar'. It removes 'anything' from your paint ('cept the paint :)) and will work wonders on your plexi. You can 'feel' the results like night and day. The 'spray' is simply a lubricant...the clay does all the work with VERY minimal rubbing. I have some here a the house and always keep a bar at the hangar. I give it 5 stars out of a possible 5.

For those of you that don't know about this stuff you will be amazed at the results if you try it. Today we washed and waxed the cars and tried this detailing clay on the surface of my wifes car. We bought Mcguires, but there are other kinds available at auto parts stores now days. The stuff we bought comes with a bottle of liquid that is sprayed on the surface in small areas and then you rub this polymer clay on the surface and then wipe it dry with a towel afterwards. The result is a surface so smooth and slippery you just won't believe it. As we were doing the car all I could think of is the leading edges on the plane. :D Afterwards a quick coat of wax and "Oh My God." You'll need to put on sunglasses and not stare at it to long to avoid damage to your eyes. There are very few products that promise results like this and actually deliver, but this is one that does.

Enjoy,

No...again....it removes everything BUT the paint. That said it will remove overspray from an existing paint job. You'll have to break out the sandpaper for the orange peel.

Rejex

I admit I haven't tried the clay, but I'd use Rejex instead of wax afterwards. It's really amazing for letting the bugs and other contaminants just fall off with a little water. Thanks for the info.

anybody ever tried Zaino? not sure if its safe for aircraft, but im assuming since its safe for car paint its ok for aircraft?? Ive used this stuff on my vehicles and the results are amazing! Never did it after claying tho, bet it would make a bigger difference if you clayed, then zaino'd!! Check out their gallery:

http://www.zainostore.com