Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
I will be going to Delta Ohio next week and have a question for the locals. I see that there is an airport called Delta Wings that shows up on Mapquest, but not on the sectional charts. Is that airport closed? Any recommendations on which local airport to use?

Thanks

As you probably are already aware Toledo Express is just a few miles east of Delta.

I'm not familiar with Delta Wings personally.

Alternate Airport

As you probably are already aware Toledo Express is just a few miles east of Delta.

I'm not familiar with Delta Wings personally.

A quick check of the sectional shows that Fulton Co-Wauseon, OH http://www.airnav.com/airport/KUSE is just about equidistant to Delta as is KTOL. If you do decide that KTOL is better for you, stay away from TOL Aviation! It is run by a guy who assures that his personal METAR reads: 001 OVCST +TSM! Go to National Flight Services as their staff is always friendly.
On another very important note, fuel prices; KUSE $4.95 KTOL $5.70

Enjoy Ohio!

Fulton County

A quick check of the sectional shows that Fulton Co-Wauseon, OH http://www.airnav.com/airport/KUSE is just about equidistant to Delta as is KTOL. If you do decide that KTOL is better for you, stay away from TOL Aviation! It is run by a guy who assures that his personal METAR reads: 001 OVCST +TSM! Go to National Flight Services as their staff is always friendly.
On another very important note, fuel prices; KUSE $4.95 KTOL $5.70

Enjoy Ohio!

Mark

Thanks for the info. I did check the sectional, Airnav, etc. and Fulton County was my choice as well.

KUSE

I stopped for fuel at Fulton Co. twice in the past month, good service and nice people. And, there is an RV being finished up in the main hanger.

Last edited:
Delta Wings Airport

Jim, I live a little ways from there and I believe that airport closed quite a while back. I honestly haven't paid much attention as I just flew over that area last Saturday, will need to see what has happened to the land.

Fulton County is a nice place, typical of what is common here, KTOL is friendly as well although I have no personal experience with FBO's just controllers.

Fulton County is a nice place, typical of what is common here, KTOL is friendly as well although I have no personal experience with FBO's just controllers.

The controllers at KTOL are indeed very freindly! I had my -6 hangared there and they seemed to really enjoy me zipping about in my RV as a distraction from the airliners and F-16's.