Steve Brown

Well Known Member
Anyone familiar with this airport? We are stopping there tomorrow for fuel. I'm wondering what to expect and they weren't picking up when I called today

Don't know anything about them, but I would make sure they are open or have 24/7 fuel pumps that are working.:)

Roberta

They have fuel on paper

Both AOPA and AiNav say they have 24 hour fuel. I was hoping for a warm body to confirm it.

KDTA

They have a full time self-service pump. I've never filled there, but have watched the big delivery truck fill the tank for the pump. I don't think you'll have any problems.

This airport was the one of the stops on my first solo cross country. I've flown there many times. But once I was there and it was so bumpy that I declined to land - headed back to my home base at Provo. Tomorrow the winds are forcast for okay in the morning, but gusting to 25+ in the afternoon. That's past my comfort level. Good luck.

They have 24/7 Credit card pumps

at least they did a few weeks ago when I stopped there

DTA

I stopped at DTA for gas a couple months ago with no problems. Their runways & taxiways aren't in great shape, but plenty good. The bathroom is in the east corner of the big building about 50 yards to the northwest of the self-serve pump. Quiet place.