Capflyer

Well Known Member
Anyone know where I can inexpensively get a delrin block for making a spacer. 7"x7"x1". I can't seem to easily locate one over the web.

Thanks

Chopping blocks

Depending on what you are planning to use the spacer for, I've found many plastic kitchen cutting boards seem to be very similar material. Very cheap at your local Ikea.

Aircraft Spruce carries nylon which will work as well. (maybe better.) I used nylon for all the bearing blocks in my bi-plane.

Delrin, UHMW and Nylon are similar, but different. Check in your local phone book for a Rubber and Gasket store. I worked with a r&g company for years and we sold it.

RVRC

rv8ch said:
Depending on what you are planning to use the spacer for, I've found many plastic kitchen cutting boards seem to be very similar material. Very cheap at your local Ikea.

Duhh on me. I sell these things for commercial use. Found a cheap 1/2" bar cutting board for $2.80 in my cataloge, liquor not included. It's heat and chemical resistant, neither of which I need for the place it's going. Putting two together for the 1" thickness will work fine.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.