Palamedes

Well Known Member
Hey folks.

I have a Dell Venue 8 that I got for testing purposes while doing work for a former client while building them an Android app.

I have to admit, its a nice little tablet, but as a general rule I have zero use for this thing as my entire house is Apple. I have an ipad mini with foreflight, and other stuff.. etc..

I want to put this Venue 8 to good use and thought it might be a good cockpit device, but honestly... I'm not sure what to put on it..

As far as I know, Foreflight is iPad only and I'm not familiar with any of the other products that are out there for the android..

So with that;

What do you guys suggest? I hate for this thing to go to waste..

Mount four micro video cameras at the ends of the plane and use it to display the images and record your flights.

If you're thinking about map duties at all, I like Avare. It's free, so it won't cost you anything to try it. You'll need significant storage space if you want the entire country on the device at once.

Most of the portable ADSB receivers will talk Android, if that's in your future.

Check it in the cockpit, in flight, first, though. The Nexus (even 1st generation) works fine, but some tablets really are too dim to see in sunlight.

Charlie

Check out Garmin Pilot. While the Android version doesn't have the synthetic vision features the iPad version has (if you have a GDL 39 3D, which is not required for most of the other features), it's still a pretty complete and very useful app.

Last edited:
Try Naviator. I danced through South Pass t-storms with it today on a Nexus and was lovin it.