SmittysRV

Well Known Member
Some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted any work on my RV website lately. Here's why:

My kiddo was taking a bath and reached up to pull himself up out of the tub by grabbing the shower handle and broke it off. Now I'm replacing the plumbing behind the tile, which means I have to tear off the tile, which means I have to replace the backer board, which means I have to put new tile back, which means I have put in new floor tile to match the new bathroom tile, which means I have to replace all the floor trim, which means I have to repaint the walls to match the new floor tile, which means I have repaint the cabinet to match the walls, which means I have to replace the light fixture to match the new decor, which means I have to wait till all this ^&*( is done before I can work on the RV (wifes' orders). ARRRRRGGGGG. It's the thousand dollar+ shower nob!

I'm hoping to get back to my REAL work in a couple of weeks.

Man when I was reading the first line of that post I thought to myself, oh no this is going to be bad (as in the child was hurt somehow). Glad it was just material damage and not physical.

bathroom remodeling

I am in the same boat but I've hired a contractor. Gravity has pulled that corner of the house down. The bathroom floor hsa sagged and the tile cracked. It's a 60's bathroom and needed upgrading Having the entire room gutted and redone - possibly enlarged a little

I know your pain!

The thing I don't get is that after we spend all this time and money on the bathroom, we can't get any cleaner than before we did it...

It's blackmail I think or a conspiracy.

It must be something to do with fall. I have been tearing out all of the baseboards,door and window casings and installing new stuff plus crown molding which I really hate cause it makes my neck sore. Now we are painting several rooms of the house to go with the new furniture my wife bought. All I have done in the last three months to the RV was to wipe the sawdust off. I have a brand new finish kit just staring at me every time I walk out in the garage. I feel your pain

Guys, guys....you need a wife with her own airplane that needs maintenance - then you get to do honey-do's and work on an airplane at the same time!! :)

Paul

Funny how it escalates...

Not quite the same, but it is amazing how things pile upon each other and the next thing you know you haven't done anything in several months.

I got married in April and had to move everything out to the airport (52F) because our house just didn't have room. We have been replacing carpet, fixing floors, painting, and replacing the fence so we can sell and move into a bigger house which is closer to our jobs (oh and the airport.):p

Now I am sitting in South America on Reserve Duty (only for another 2 weeks) dreaming of starting my electrical work when I get back. Good news is, the 3 weeks away has allowed me to get the design done and my wife says she feels guilty that I haven't spent alot of time on the airplane over the summer. :D

Only dilemma left is to figure out how to balance my airplane with the twins my wife just told me we are having...:eek: nooooo problem....:p

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted any work on my RV website lately. Here's why:

My kiddo was taking a bath and reached up to pull himself up out of the tub by grabbing the shower handle and broke it off. Now I'm replacing the plumbing behind the tile, which means I have to tear off the tile, which means I have to replace the backer board, which means I have to put new tile back, which means I have put in new floor tile to match the new bathroom tile, which means I have to replace all the floor trim, which means I have to repaint the walls to match the new floor tile, which means I have repaint the cabinet to match the walls, which means I have to replace the light fixture to match the new decor, which means I have to wait till all this ^&*( is done before I can work on the RV (wifes' orders). ARRRRRGGGGG. It's the thousand dollar+ shower nob!

I'm hoping to get back to my REAL work in a couple of weeks.

Here in Nebraska you can drop the kid off (from anywhere in the world) at any hospital or fire station up to age 19 and face no retaliation from the law. (We have incredible stupid legislators here. :mad:) The wife might not approve, cause at least she is getting a new bathroom! :D

Last edited:
Whew!

When I first started reading I quickly went to something happied to Kiddo! Glad it is just a bathroom, give kiddo a hug and fix the bathroom.:)

EASY

EASY,,

LIVE IN YOUR HANGER. HAVE NO KIDS. GET A SPRAY NOSEL TO CONTROL THE WEEDS THAT COME UP IN THE CRACKS IN THE CONCRETE. DO NOT LOSE THE FOCUS TO BUILD YOUR DREAM...FLY EVERY DAY THAT YOU CAN,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BERATE ME ON THIS,,,, BUT,,, I NEVER WANTED A FAMILY, JUST TOYS, AND FREE TIME. I HAVE IT, THANK YOU...GOD..

I LOVE BUILDING AND WOULD GLADLY MOVE AROUND AND HELP WITH YOUR RV PROJECTS!..,,,. IF??? I DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING,,,HAY!, CALL ME, I MAY BE ABLE TO DO HOUSE VISITS,,,, SPEED YOU UP?
817 439 1220

Last edited:
Smitty - glad your kiddo is OK - that was scary wording :eek:

My delays are due primarily to the fact that I bought the Skipper.... lots of maintainence to do! At least it's aviation related.

The kitchen remodel will start soon too, but that is being done by contractors so I can focus on what's really important, finishing this!

We're at the same stage

Dave,

Looks like you and I are at the same stage of the build. I'm waiting to get funds to buy a Andair fuel valve so I can finish plumbing the forward fuselage.

Jim Wright,

My finishing kit parts are spread around in my garage and basement after I did the inventory. Lack of funds have me in a holding pattern for now. This is that long 90% left to do stage everyone talks about. This weekend I'll try to find something to work on with the plane.

Dave,
Looks like you and I are at the same stage of the build. I'm waiting to get funds to buy a Andair fuel valve so I can finish plumbing the forward fuselage.
Well, I have the Andair valve, but I haven't started any plumbing yet. After I do floors, seats, baggage walls, then the book says to attach the wings. I'm thinking that would be more fun in Spring, so I wonder if I can do some plumbing, etc before the wings are on?